Sunday, April 23, 2006

Winding Down in Cadiz

CADIZ, SPAIN -- April 23, 2006

Unfortunately, a horrendous rainstorm sets in overnight, and my visit to Ronda and beyond (Arcos de la Frontera was to be my next stop) is cut short. I move on to the port city of Cadiz, and spend the day relaxing in the company of an American medical student I met on my bus ride from Ronda. He is traveling through Spain and Ireland for a few weeks before moving on to begin his residency. It is enjoyable to be in good company.

We stop in a cafe here, a heladeria there, and talk about life, relationships, work, religion. For once, it is a nice change of pace to have no agenda. Beyond greasy food and a few greasy characters, the highlight is a stunning glimpse of Cadiz's plazas lit up at night. Not all days have to be chock full of action.

~Melanie Posted by Picasa

No comments: