Sunday, May 7, 2006

Cities of Spain's Charm Bracelet

After a too-short stint in Portugal, I returned to Spain for another week of flambouyant charm. If southern Spain was good, northern Spain may quite possibly be even better!

It's hard to compete with the natural beauty and historical gems of Andalucia, but Barcelona was the cherry on the top of my Spain experience. And San Sebastian could quite possibly be the most relaxing two days I have spent thus far in my travels. Follow the summaries below to decide what kind of Spanish flavor will most suit your appetite. I hope you enjoy! And as always, I welcome your comments on these and any other posts/photos.

~Melanie


Madrid, Spain
It might have simply been travel burnout, but Madrid failed to captivate me the way all of my other Spanish destinations did. But you can take a quick peek at one of the famous cathedrals, as well as a couple of shots of the beautiful interior from Cat Hostel, where I stayed for one too-short night.

San Sebastian, Spain
If you are looking for utter relaxation among sugary sand, lucious palms, walkable mountains, and a charming little town to boot, look no further!

Barcelona, Spain
Come experience Gothic and modern architecture, stroll through peaceful gardens, and climb the 340 steps of Sagrada Familia for magnificent views of the city and ocean beyond... Posted by Picasa

No comments: